The Idaho Irrigation Equipment Show and Conference will be Thursday, January 11, 2018 at the Shilo Inn Convention Center, 800 Lindsay Blvd., Idaho Falls, Idaho. Please save the date for this FREE event. No registration is necessary. We are pleased to offer classes for the agricultural sector and for landscape contractors.
These are the classes that were offered in 2017. Classes for the 2018 conference will be posted in November, 2017.
Thursday, January 12, 2017
9:00 a.m. – 9:50 a.m. (Select one class)
1. Save Energy & Money with LESA Technology, Howard Neibling, University of Idaho, will discuss results of using Low Elevation Spray Application (LESA) technology. (*1 SW) Green Room
2. Remote Telemetry – Manufacturers will discuss new pivot and pump remote monitoring and control products as well as using drones in irrigation. (*1 SW) Orange Room
11:00 a.m. – 11:50 a.m. (Select one class)
1. Variable Frequency Drives – Tom Young, Precision Automation Systems, will discuss VFD application, construction, and equipment options. Question & Answer session for troubleshooting and meeting IEEE-519 included. (*1 PD) Green Room.
2. Impacts from managed aquifer recharge on the Eastern Snake River Plain – Michael McVay, IDWR, will share the most current modeling results to understand how the aquifer responds to managed recharge. (*1 SW) Orange Room
1:00 p.m. – 1:50 p.m.
Idaho Water Measurement Standards – Tim Luke, Water Compliance Chief for the Idaho Department of Water Resources, will provide an overview of current water measurement standards and guidelines with emphasis on groundwater measurement and reporting requirements in the Eastern Snake River Plain Aquifer and other areas. (*1 SW) Orange Room
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Select one class)
1. **Food Safety – Pesticide Use and the Public – Sherm Takatori, Idaho State Dept. of Agriculture. This presentation explains some of the historical uses of pesticides and some of the misuses. The issues with organic foods, pesticide residues in foods and overall food safety in regards to pesticides and pesticide use will also be discussed. (*1 PM) Orange Room
2. Irrigation Efficiency for Idaho – Dennis Merrick, Idaho Power Company, will discuss irrigation system improvements to maximize efficiency of new or existing systems to increase your bottom line. (*1 SW) Green Room
Thursday, January 12, 2017
8:00 a.m.- 8:50 a.m. (Select one class)
1. Joint Restraints instead of Thrust Blocks – By Tony Garner, Leemco Piping Solutions. Learn how to eliminate concrete thrust blocks by using the joint restraint system. Green Room
2. Installation and Maintenance of Irrigation Pumps – Lewis Melchor, Munro Pump Inc., will discuss proper installation and preventative maintenance for pump longevity. Choosing the right pump for the job will also be examined. Orange Room
10:00 a.m. – 10:50 a.m. (Select one class)
1. Getting the most from Your Irrigation Filter – Ed Mathieu, Water Logic Technologies, will discuss how to select the proper filter and some factors that can affect its performance. Green Room
2. **Backflow Basics – Kevin Evans, Inman Interwest, will review backflow devices and the application and requirements for each device. He will also update the requirements for each and licensing needed for testers. Orange Room
12:00 noon – 12:50 p.m. (Select one class)
1. How to be 38% more profitable in 2017 – Guy Collins, Hunter Industries, will discuss marketing, sales, and business efficiencies in the landscape industry to increase your profits. Green Room
2. New Applications and Advances in Drip Technology for Landscaping – Kelly Keicher, Netafim USA, will discuss new areas of application for subsurface irrigation. Orange Room
2:00 p.m. – 2:50 p.m.
New Products and Ways to Utilize them for Greater Efficiency, Mike Mather & Jim Lupton, Silver Creek Supply. This class will discuss some new remote technology products that are on the market that are designed to increase efficiency. Orange Room