The Idaho Irrigation Equipment Show and Conference will be Thursday, January 16, 2020 at the Best Western Plus Burley Inn & Convention Center, 800 N. Overland Ave., Burley, Idaho. Classes are posted below. The trade show is from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. There is no fee or registration.
8:00 a.m. – 8:50 a.m. (Select one class)
1. What is Mobile Drip Irrigation?– Monty Teeter, Dragon-Line, will explain the concept, development, design and the understanding of mobile drip irrigation for pivot and linear irrigation. (*1 SW) Orange Room
2. The Right Pump for Your Sump – Zachari Taylor, Layne Pumps Inc., will provide tips to know if your pump is performing properly and is sized and tailored to your application. The class will also briefly touch on system efficiency and the benefits of proper pump choice and design.
(*1 SW) Green Room
10:00 a.m. – 10:50 a.m. (Select one class)
1. VFD Ownership – 8 Great Things to Know Before, During and After the Sale – Tom Young, Precision Automation Systems. Purchasing a Variable Frequency Drive can be confusing, time consuming, and expensive. Owning a VFD can be worse. Learn the most important questions to ask, plus tips on how to increase your VFD’s life expectancy. (*1 PD) Orange Room
2. Irrigation Design and Management – Howard Neibling, University of Idaho, will discuss the challenges and solutions of managing irrigation systems with today’s climate variability. (*1 SW) Green Room
12:00 noon – 12:50 p.m. (Select one class)
1. **Chemigation and Idaho Ground Water – Daniel Sandoval, Idaho State Dept. of Agriculture. This presentation will discuss chemigation licensing and equipment requirements and present data from ISDA’s ground water project. (*1 PM) Orange Room
2. Remote Sensing Applications in Agriculture – Kirk Stueve, PhD and Jeff Divin, Ceres Imaging, will present basic remote sensing principles and improve understanding of various image-based products. Practical examples from different crops and irrigation systems will be used as demonstrations to introduce key concepts and highlight how remote sensing can be used to save time and money. (*1 PD) Green Room
1:00 p.m. – 1:50 p.m.
Idaho Department of Water Resources Water Measurement Program – Brian Regan, Idaho Department of Water Resources, will discuss a day in the life of diversion volume data. (*1 SW) Orange Room
2:00 p.m. -2:50 p.m.
Idaho Water Supply Outlook – Jeremy Dalling, Bureau of Reclamation, will discuss current surface and ground water supply issues, current snow pack data, projected 2020 surface water supply and weather conditions. (1 SW) Orange Room
3:00 p.m. – 3:50 p.m.
Pump Station Design and Impact on Energy Costs – Troy Winward and Dan Axness, Idaho Power Company. Examples of different pump configuration options, for example: Lead-Lag, Variable Frequency Drives, pressure zone dedicated pumps, and their associated energy costs will be discussed. They will also discuss how understanding demand charge can potentially save energy costs. (*1 PD) Orange Room
9:00 a.m. – 9:50 a.m.
Two Wire Irrigation Systems – Seann Hammon, Rain Bird will discuss the differences between conventional and 2-wire irrigation systems. Tips on design, installation, programming and troubleshooting will be given. Orange Room
11:00 a.m. – 11:50 a.m.
Efficient Controller Management thru Remote Wi-Fi Access – Seann Hammon, Rain Bird. This course is designed to educate landscape professionals on Rain Bird’s Wi-Fi enabled irrigation products including what the products are, how to use, program and incorporate in the landscape professionals’ business. This class will conclude with an in-depth demonstration of the Rain Bird app and how to best use it for programming and maintenance. Orange Room
1:00 p.m. – 2:50 p.m.
Filtration 101 & Advanced Filtration – Kevin Evans, Amiad. This class will highlight the principles of filtration and applications. Then dive into each type of filter in the market and explain the pros/cons of each system. We will discuss the different types of debris in Idaho’s water sources. We will also explain design principles of filtration and how to troubleshoot a filtration system. Green Room